Saturday, 23 January 2016

Tips For Maintaining a Blackhead-free Complexion with B.liv Pores Be Clean Set


If there is one thing I know about skincare, it is there is never one cure for all. It needs to be a combination of different products. I also believe in balance when it comes down to caring for your skin. Whatever that was taken (cleansing, exfoliating, toning), has to be restored and protected (essence, mist, moisturizer and sunscreen). Besides that, it is really crucial to find products that are suited for your skin. The common denominator is you still need to cleanse, tone, exfoliate, moisturize and protect your skin regardless of what type of skin you have. 

My skin has changed a lot over the years. From being oily, covered with cystic acne and blackheads to where it is now. My skin is now on the normal side and my acne and blackheads has cleared up since. I have gone through prescription acne medications but it only took a toll on my skin. I found most acne targeted products out there are either too harsh or too damaging to the skin. So, I changed my habit by learning more about my skin and what products would work for me. I thought I'd share with you what I did that has kept my skin clear from blackheads. They have all worked on me, so I hope it works on you too!! Blackheads are caused by pores that are plugged with oil and dirt from skin cells and environment forming black plugs on the skin most prominent on the nose where the sun hit the first.

As much as it is satisfying and instant to get rid of blackheads with a pore strips, it is only treating the symptoms for a short while. I believe in getting to the source of things to eliminate it altogether. 


1. Understand your skin: Just because you have blackheads does not mean you have oily skin. You can have combination or dry skin and have blackheads.  Either way, it is important to choose a cleanser that is gentle. Harsh cleansers can only deprive your skin from its good oil which can only be countered by your skin producing even more oil to compensate the loss. The b.liv Deep Impact Cleanser contains gentle Jojoba beads to exfoliate the skin along with Aloe Vera to soothe the skin. If you have oily skin you can get away with using this everyday and dry skinned ladies should exercise caution and use this as an exfoliating scrub once or twice a week. 

2. Exfoliate: Exfoliation will help tremendously, trust me. Salicylic Acid or BHA will unclog the pores by dissolving oils that are deep in the pores. The b.liv Off With Those Heads contains Salicylic Acid to help with that. This gel promises to eliminate stubborn whiteheads and blackheads in 14 days of use. I will update you on that after 14 days. For better results, use this in conjunction with an AHA based toner. AHA/Lactic Acid/ Glycolic Acid will aid in clearing dead skin and debris on the skin's surface. In return, the blackheads condition will not be exacerbated, in fact it will get better if used consistently because AHA and BHA work in tandem. I would recommend using b.liv Off With Those Heads on troubled areas and moisturize the skin right after the product is well absorbed into the skin. During the day, never forget to layer on sun protection cream to prevent blackheads' oxidation which will turn them black. I have been exfoliating consistently for years now, that I don't think I will go back to my old ways. I cannot preach enough for you to start exfoliating now. Trust me, you will see the changes. 

3. Masks: Besides establishing a good skincare routine as mentioned above, a face mask is that little thing that completes the puzzle. Face masks are normally formulated to be potent so they can work their magic in a short time. They act as a fix-all when my skin is behaving out of sorts. The b.liv Absolute Matte mask can help to purify the skin while controlling oil and shine. It contains charcoal which also help to detoxify the skin from impurities. Use your mask at least once a week after cleansing. Be sure to follow up with an exfoliating toner, b.liv Off With Those Heads and a moisturizer before heading to bed.

The B.liv Pores Be Clean set is definitely more suited for those with oily skin. Those with dry skin with blackheads may benefit from the set with using the cleanser as a twice weekly scrub, the serum on troubled areas, the mask for once a week and buying a richer moisturizer. You can purchase the set from Hermo at a much discounted price (RM 155.66 instead of RM 240). 


I hope this post is helpful to help you to achieve blackhead-free complexion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.