Tuesday, 17 November 2015

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Gradation in Mauve 1: The Best High Street Matte Lipstick






Guys and girls, pay attention coz  I have found one phenomenal product from the drugstore. At first it was the colour that makes me drawn to it, hello, it's Mauve the "IT" colour of this era. And then, as I try it again and again, I have fallen for the flawless formulation of the new Maybelline Lip Gradation (RM 32.90) line. I was only attracted to one shade, so I cannot vouch if the formula is the same with the other shades. All I know is, with a formulation this premium, Maybelline should come up with more shades. It seems to not have gotten that much attention, so I am here to cast some light onto it. 

I know what you are going to say; the shade does not have a pinch of mauve in it which I totally agree. I bought the shade on a whim because the Watsons I went to lack the testers. I bought it anyway not knowing that it is in fact a medium rosy brown shade that leans on the cooler side. Either way, I still do love the shade and somehow Maybelline makes this so wearable too. It's not too dark and I just think it is the perfect 90's shade for me. I don't think I can go bolder than this. 

Now, let's talk formula. You have to take my word for it; the formula is a cross between a M.A.C matte lipstick and a Chanel Rouge allure Velvet. It has the silicone-y texture of the Chanel but dries down to proper matte like the M.A.C. If you are sensitive to scented lip products, this one does not smell of anything. The application is effortless and does not drag or tug on the lips. With wear, it does not emphasize or settle into the lines of my lips (you can see it evidently on my lips). It feels so comfortable on the lips too. It does not make my lips drier and it does not make them peel.

The wear time is impressive too. It has a very minisicule transfer when I pecked the back of my hand. I get 5 hours out of it before I devoured a creamy pasta for lunch and I was careful with my eating. So, you can imagine I can get a longer wear time if I had a light lunch. But then, reapplication is just as easy due to the slim and pointy bullet. You can get a very precise application  out of it.

All in all, it is a great, probably the best drugstore matte lipstick that I have come across. I have tried it and you should too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.