Wednesday, 24 June 2015

As Dark As I Can Go


You know I have been into nudes lately but there is something about dark lipsticks that I can't just shake them off. They are mysterious, bold yet muted, not as attention seeking yet elegant just like a little black dress. And as part of my "As Nude As I Can Go" post, I just thought that this post will be a good continuation post on the contrary, thus the title "As Dark As I Can Go". And you bet that I am going to add another to my collection namely a NARS Audacious lipstick in Vivien because it keeps me bugging my thoughts and it looks great on me. 

I have a few to show you here and they are all my favourites for different reasons. They have different textures and finishes to them. I have to say that now I prefer my dark lipstick to be a satin or a matte finish but if you like creamy finishes I have just the options for you. They are more forgiving and nourishing to the lips and it is also more comfortable to wear come fall or winter or in the dry seasons. 

Top to bottom: Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 7, Rimmel Cutting Edge, NARS Audacious in Audrey, Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie, Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape

1. Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 7: One for the all-outer. Glossy and bold at the same time. If that is not your cup of tea, blot the glossy layer off to reveal a deep berry stained lips. 

2. Rimmel Cutting Edge: My all time favourite drugstore vampy lipstick. It is kinda like the satin version of the former. I still adore it to this day. It is such a keeper (wearing it here). The finish is rather satiny than matte. 

3. NARS Audacious in Audrey: Anybody remembers the Marsala trend?!! (here)Seriously, anybody?? Errrr, I don't think the beauty crowd went crazy for it. Nonetheless, this colour is a gorgeous plum which I love and should be wearing more often.

4. Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie: An oldie but a goodie. This particular shade has the most buttery texture out of the Lip Butter lineup. I would stay away if you tend to get lipsticks migrating out of the lip lines. Or better, just wear a lip liner underneath. It looks bright on the swatch but it is a purple toned berry.

5. Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Grandest Grape: Highly pigmented, applies like a dream and moisturizing, I used to wear tis a lot come winter and fall in Holland. On me, it does not look as vampy as it has that warm rosy undertone to it. This could be a great entry level dark lipstick. 

So, those are the 5 dark lipsticks that make the cut for me. What is/are your favourite dark/vampy lipstick(s)?


1 comment:

  1. they are sexy dark colours <3 I like more darker ones, ox blood shades kind haha ^^;

    www.hanablurbs.com

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.