Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Guerlain Rouge G in Georgia and Gemma: Review and Swatches





I consider owning a Guerlain makeup like owning a treasure, a jewelry. Their packaging is just the most beautiful in the cosmetic world. They represent class and decadence. I can see myself keeping their makeup just for their asthetics. Mind you though, Guerlain don't just have fancy packaging, their makeup performs just as beautiful as what they come.

I love their BB cream,their Meteorites and their powder but today I am going to review one of their many lipsticks; the Guerlain Rouge G in the shade Georgia and Gemma. The Guerlain Rouge G comes in a magnetized gold bullet packaging that opens to reveal a mirror. It definitely has a weight to it that contributes to its high end feel.

When I hear the name, Georgia, I thought of peach and this is exactly what the shade is. And a gorgeous one at that. It is so hard for me to find a flattering shade of peachy pink for my skin tone. This is neither too bright nor too yellow. 

Gemma, on the other hand is a beautiful medium mauvey pink shade. With shades like these, sometimes they can be a little too dark or too muted; i.e. M.A.C Syrup that it will just drown my skin instead of giving them life. I love this a lot. It's fast becoming my MLBB lip colour.

Now let's talk about formula, finish and longevity. At first application you will definitely notice that it has a smooth creamy texture but not too buttery that it slips too much. The finish reminds me of the M.A.C amplified finish but creamier. It has a long lasting properties for a creamy lipstick. It last astound 3-4 hours on my lips with drinking and eating. The pigment sticks to the lips  but it does not make the lips stick together or anything on your face sticks to it. It just sits so well on the lips and it does not settle or dry out the lips.

I have all good things to say about this lipstick that I think I will stop here. If you have the chance to own one, go ahead!! They have a wide range of shades that you will find a shade that strikes your fancy. 


Till then, 
Fatimah


4 comments:

  1. Nabilah Ismailjee12 November 2013 at 19:25

    Both look really flattering on you! I can't pull off mauves, they just looks weird on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love georgia on you.makes you look fresh.on scale 1-10 i would rate guerlain rouge g at 9.5.the only drawback is the bulky and heavy casing.but i do not need to worry as the lipstick is very long lasting so i dont need to carry it in my handbag for touch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree..i don't mind carrying it either because it is gorgeous!!the engineering of this lipstick mmg terbaik and genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe you will find one that suits you one day!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.